At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: IT Network Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Mountain View, CA
In this exciting position, the IT Network Engineer will be part of the Corporate IT team and be responsible for the design, implementation and secure operation of the Bossa Nova Corporate Networks, ensuring that the network infrastructure is operating within the design specifications. The IT Network Engineer will produce architectural design recommendations for upgrades and drive future network functionality and architectures. Additional tasks are to collect operational and trend statistics and to analyze performance results.
- Design, Maintenance and setup of Servers, Laptops, Network switches, VPNs, Firewalls & wireless CPE in support of Bossa Nova corporate Network.
- Manage and monitor Corporate Network to ensure the highest levels of network availability.
- Monitor and test network performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with engineers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies according to existing standards
- Write and maintain, using appropriate monitoring methods, to increase system efficiency and reduce manual intervention.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd level support as needed.
- Liaise with hardware or software vendors for problem identification and resolution
- Build out a hybrid networking strategy using wifi and lte/4g for availability.
- Physical layer wiring as well as layer 2 and layer 3 network configuration.
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong L2 and L3 network management experience.
- Proven working experience in installing,configuring and troubleshooting networks.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of network and computing hardware: Can make cables, figure out inter-device interfaces, etc.
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic & rapidly changing work environment.
- Excellent Linux system administration skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Customer service oriented
- Experience with National Scale WAN network designs, including WAN protocols, g., IS-IS, OSPF, BGP (eBGP/iBGP), VRF, MPLS, VxLAN, and EVPN is a plus
- Experience with monitoring & troubleshooting of issues using packet capture/analyzer tools such as wireshark.
- Experience with automation software
- Experience with configuring internet connectivity and forwarding for WAN-scale networks
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Comfortable using open source to solve problems where necessary.
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5 years of work experience as a network Engineer /Network administrator