At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: Software Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Be a part of a team creating the software running our on our robots across the globe, solving difficult problems requiring creativity, persistence and technical know-how not found in a run-of-the-mill software engineering job. Our robots work in retail stores, alongside shoppers, employees, carts and obstructions of all sorts while collecting data -- unthinkable five years ago, imagine what we’ll be doing in the next decade!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver high-quality code. Our customers depend on our robots working flawlessly. We want an engineer who's comfortable working on a team deeply focused on doing things right.
- Love our customers! Our customers depend on Bossa Nova to increase the competitiveness of their business in an already competitive market. Our team members need to know and understand our customers to best solve their problems.
- Help the team grow. Bossa Nova is growing! Our processes and practices will change as we continue to expand, we need people comfortable shaping how we work and serve our customers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Seasoned C/C++/Python software engineer. Writes and debugs production-quality code. We’re doing a mix of clean-sheet development, re-architecture of existing systems and fixing field issues.
- Linux - We work on Linux and so do our robots; our engineers need be comfortable with this environment from a developer and user perspective.
- Problem solving. We’re blazing trails at Bossa Nova, we’ll need our engineers to think creatively to solve difficult problems arising from the scale of operation not found elsewhere in the robotics industry.
- Enjoys working on a team. Software’s a team effort, we’re looking for people who like working with others, sharing expertise with peers, listening to our users and communicating with our stakeholders.
Benefits and Perks
- Work on hard problems in a fun environment
- A Great Benefits Package
- Unlimited Vacation