Bossa Nova is the leading provider of real-time, on-shelf product data for the global retail industry. Our robots navigate the busy retail ecosystem, collecting a wealth of data that allows retailers to improve product availability, streamline operations, and create a better shopping experience. Our multidisciplinary team of robotics, artificial intelligence, and big data scientists has solved the challenges to deploy fully autonomous retail service robots and deliver actionable data in real-time.
Bossa Nova’s robots are currently deployed in 50 stores across the United States, making it the largest deployment of this kind of technology anywhere in the world.
Position: Supplier & Manufacturing Quality Manager
Location: Mountain View, CA
As a part of the Bossa Nova Robotics (BNR) Quality & Reliability team, the Supplier & Manufacturing Quality Manager will work in a collaborative environment with suppliers, hardware, software, test, & manufacturing engineering to ensure the quality of systems, sub-systems, and components supplied to the company.
- Provide quality expectations & requirements to Contract Manufacturers (CMs) and Suppliers (Supplier Quality Manual, procedures, etc).
- Perform quality system and technical assessments of CMs and Suppliers and drive improvements.
- Evaluate new CMs and suppliers to determine their capabilities.
- Drive continuous improvement and zero defect plans in the supply base.
- Issue Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs) and drive closure.
- Drive Return Material Analysis (RMA) and associated Failure Analysis (FA) at the CMs and Suppliers.
- Train, facilitate, and evaluate Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans, Measurement System Assessment (MSA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), statistical analysis, and 8D problem solving in the supply base.
- Participate in CM's supplier quality management process with critical suppliers.
- Work with BNR test engineering to evaluate CM test data using statistical methods.
- Work with BNR manufacturing engineering to evaluate CM yield data.
- Work with BNR engineering teams to ensure Design for Quality (DfQ).
- 5 - 10 years supplier quality engineering experience.
- 3+ years working with contract manufacturers.
- Experience working with mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical suppliers.
- Experience with metal stamping & forming, injection molding, metal extrusion, metal casting, wiring harness, PCBA, & Li-ion battery suppliers.
- Experience in low volume, high mix manufacturing processes.
- Experience in system and component Failure Analysis.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in PFMEA, Control Plans, and 8D problem solving.
- Knowledge in statistical analysis (descriptive statistics, SPC, MSA, DOE, modeling, etc)
- Lean Six Sigma black belt preferred.
- Ability to develop training materials and deliver training to supply base.
- Knowledge of mechanical metrology and inspection.
- Knowledge of Geometric Design and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience with New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Experience in Automotive, Medical Device, Consumer Electronics, and/or Robotics industry.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as lunches twice a week, schedule flexibility, a stocked fridge and kitchen.
Bossa Nova Robotics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bossa Nova abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.