Bossa Nova is the leading provider of real-time, on-shelf product data for the global retail industry. Our robots navigate the busy retail ecosystem, collecting a wealth of data that allows retailers to improve product availability, streamline operations, and create a better shopping experience. Our multidisciplinary team of robotics, artificial intelligence, and big data scientists has solved the challenges to deploy fully autonomous retail service robots and deliver actionable data in real-time.
Bossa Nova’s robots are currently deployed in 50 stores across the United States, making it the largest deployment of this kind of technology anywhere in the world.
Position: Test Development Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
As part of the Bossa Nova Robotics Test Engineering team, the Test Development Engineer will work with hardware, software, manufacturing and quality/reliability engineering to help develop, automate, deploy and maintain test software used during robot manufacturing.
- Create software required to configure, program, test, and validate products being built at the contract manufacturer. Develop new test strategies and platforms/frameworks.
- Develop unit, integration, functional, regression and system testing of software and hardware.
- Develop software and infrastructure to manage and maintain test systems at scale.
- Develop test and quality data collection systems, and manage their deployment at the contract manufacturer
- Collaborate with the engineering team on test coverage planning, defining test requirements, test process design, development, integration and implementation.
- Analyze and interpret test data, prepare reports, analysis and insights of test performance
- Maintain and improve existing test software to increase automation, and achieve validation and debug goals
- Conduct code reviews and debug test failures at the factory to improve test platform reliability.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience working within manufacturing/hardware development
- 3-5+ years of experience in Python development
- Experience developing and writing scripts in Python and bash for HW validation and test
- Experience with automating scripts to test hardware
- Experience with Linux system administration and networking.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Able to travel occasionally
Nice to Haves:
- 3-5+ years of experience in test automation with Python
- 3-5+ years of experience in manufacturing functional testing
- Experience with robotics and/or ROS
- Experience with DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering practices
- Experience with extract, transform and load (ETL) data processes for data collection and analysis
- Experience with SQL (postgres) databases and/or the Elastic stack
- Experience with developing web based software using frameworks (React)
- Experience with developing microservices (express, Flask)
- Experience/familiarity with version control systems (git)
- Experience/familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible)
- Experience/familiarity with containerization (Docker)
- Experience/familiarity with program management tools such as JIRA
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as lunches twice a week, schedule flexibility, a stocked fridge and kitchen.
Bossa Nova Robotics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bossa Nova abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.