At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Job Title - Service Area Manager
Location – Phoenix, AZ
Job Description :
The Service Area Manager is responsible for leading a team of distributed service technicians in the support of the Bossa Nova operations. This role is responsible for providing leadership, coordination, and operational management of Bossa Nova systems within assigned area with the purpose of improving service availability, maintaining quality, and delivering key services to the business and clients at expected service levels.
The Service Area Manager reports to the Manager of Fleet Operations.
- This role requires people management and personnel development, including project and operational support oversight
- Participate in hiring quality personnel who not only fit the needs of the organization but also will allow the team to scale with platform and service growth
- Participate in the creation and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure consistency with customer needs, company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for monitoring, and handling of daily operations related service disruptions within Service Area (incident and problem management).
- Perform ticket queue for systems within assigned Service Area.
- Ensure timely declaration and escalation of unplanned/planned service disruptions within assigned Service Area.
- Work closely with Robot Operations Center and Robotics Service teams to coordinate, escalate, troubleshoot, and resolve service interruptions as expeditiously as possible, ensuring service availability levels are met and adverse impacts are kept to a minimum.
- Provide teams with proactive updates on potential customer impacting issues (e.g., site performance, service disruptions, planned maintenance, equipment failures, etc.)
- Manage, mentor, and support fleet operations employees as well as assist in training, cross-training, monitoring, and reinforcement of procedures and guidelines.
- Participate with business, engineering, and service teams to provide input and insight into customer solutions that are not standard product offerings.
- Participate in after-hours and weekend manager on-call rotation with other leaders in organization and a willingness to cover gaps if necessary.
- Maintain Operational Reports and KPI’s on daily, weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc basis.
- Attend daily, week, monthly meetings, etc. as scheduled.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in mission critical operations environment.
- 4+ years of experience in Field Support or Service.
- 2+ years of experience with robot systems or electro-mechanical systems (preferred)
- Prior management or leadership experience
- Must possess a high degree of technical knowledge to understand the environment and provide clear direction and detailed updates to the teams.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and impact assessment skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage and work both independently and with others in a remote workforce environment.
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Ability to understand and drive execution of service level agreements (SLAs)
- Knowledge of change management controls and process.
- Proficiency in using G-Suite and Windows-based computer applications.
- Change, Problem, and Incident management experience desired
- Travel is required for this position (up to 50%)