Bossa Nova is the leading provider of real-time, on-shelf product data for the global retail industry. Our robots navigate the busy retail ecosystem, collecting a wealth of data that allows retailers to improve product availability, streamline operations, and create a better shopping experience. Our multidisciplinary team of robotics, artificial intelligence, and big data scientists has solved the challenges to deploy fully autonomous retail service robots and deliver actionable data in real-time.
Bossa Nova’s robots are currently deployed in 50 stores across the United States, making it the largest deployment of this kind of technology anywhere in the world.
Position: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Location: Mountain View, CA
- Provide hands on support to the manufacturing and test processes, resolving day to day production issues, working with Contract Manufacturer
- Manage the scope, schedule and budget for new continuous improvement projects. Drive projects through implementation in manufacturing.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Develop clear and well understood documentation which includes but is not limited to protocols, deviations, drawings, and documentation for the manufacturing process and quality test procedures.
- Ensure product and process quality by designing test processes and methods; establishing standards for measuring finished product and process capabilities; drive continuous improvement in manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Design, build and manage the smooth operation of production lines capable of building BNR robots at scale. This includes (but is not limited to) assembly, build and test processes, vendor qualification, and quality management.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain product and process tracking database across build cycles.
- Design experiments to characterize hardware through testing - provide inputs and recommendations to greater team.
- Enable change management to continuously improve efficiencies and performances via repeatable processes, people growth, and elimination of work duplication.
- Advanced Engineering degree with 15+ years work experience in
- Process Engineering
- Leadership and project management -- Ability to multitask several projects and manage technicians and junior engineers
- Manufacturing engineering, process engineering, product design, and extensive NPI
- Complete end to end manufacturing documentation, process development and analysis with deep understanding
- Providing DFM/DFX guidelines to the cross-functional teams and ensure manufacturability across the supply chain, partners and CMs.
- Mastery of CAD tools (Solidworks) and various statistical software’s
- Process engineering - knowledge of Reliability engineering
- Professional experiences in contract manufacturing environment
- Design / selection of production processes/equipment/consumables/etc.
- Manufacturing throughput and capacity analysis.
- Knowledge of PPAP, Process Capability, GR&R, PMP, basic GD&T, basic cost estimation/management, and process control plans.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as lunches twice a week, schedule flexibility, a stocked fridge and kitchen.
Bossa Nova Robotics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bossa Nova abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.