At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data using state of the art computer vision and artificial intelligence. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: SRE Technical Lead
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
We are currently looking for a Technical Lead to work in the Robot Reliability Engineering Group at our Pittsburgh Office. The Robot Reliability Engineering Group is focused on:
Reliability: We find ways to improve the design and operation of systems, making them more reliable, scalable, and resilient and efficient. In addition to increasing reliability, we add new features and build new products.
Engineering: We apply the principles of computer science and engineering to the design of robot hardware, software, and the IT infrastructure that supports the rapidly growing robot fleet.
Management: We examine, analyze, and improve the processes that are used to develop, deliver and support the robot hardware, software and support services.
Background and Skills:
Leadership / Problem Solving
- Experience leading software developers, and working across growing development, operations and support organizations.
- Passionate about working with operations and support organizations, analyzing data, figuring out field patterns and trends, leading incremental improvements, and delivering solutions to customers.
- Proven experience with hardware and software troubleshooting, pareto analysis and other problem solving techniques.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work with a wide variety of people, in a rapidly changing environment, with aggressive deadlines.
Software Development Tools
- Software development background, with skills in Python, and C++ or Java
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Development of cloud applications, and IT infrastructure, including experience with Azure or AWS.
- Able to quickly learn and support technologies covering robot hardware and software, complex IT infrastructure in The Cloud, Big Data and machine learning algorithms.
Software Development Process
- Expertise in the tools and processes used in the software product development lifecycle, from concept through development and testing, deployment and support, using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- You’ll automate repetitive and error prone tasks and processes, using tools like Ansible, Jenkins, Gradle, Docker, and a variety of scripting languages.
- Experience with the development of complex hardware and software systems,
- Experience with troubleshooting of systems, with heavy interaction between hardware, firmware and software.
- Development of systems that are used in real time control systems, including interfaces to hardware and sensors.
Experience & Education
- 15+ years of experience working in a product-focused software development organization, that delivers products that consist of both hardware, firmware and software.
- Experience in dynamic, rapidly growing, start-up organizations.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.