At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Job Title - Robotics Networking Technician
Location – Pittsburgh, PA
Job Description :
As a Robotics Networking Technician with Bossa Nova you will be maintaining and troubleshooting the connectivity of Bossa Nova systems both remotely and in-person. Logical troubleshooting experience will be critical in this role. You will need to have good people and analytical skills in order to quickly communicate both issues and insights with Engineering and Operations teams. You must become familiar with the product, strategy, and the customer's business in order to communicate this effectively.
- Track recurring issues in the Remote Operations Center (ROC) and incorporate feedback from Robot Reliability Engineering (RRE)
- Work with Service Area Managers (SAMs) and Field Service Technicians (FSTs) to rollout updates and procedure changes
- Work with SAMs and FSTs to collect aggregate data of successes, failures and other issues to help inform operation, business, software and hardware engineering departments
- Create/update issue tracking matrix
- Work with RRE to develop and document reliability improvements
- Troubleshoot connectivity problems with Bossa Nova equipment
- Provide assistance to design, build, installation, and start-up of Bossa Nova systems
- Provide technical support to other departments within Operations
- Assist in defining and executing measurable processes relating to customer concerns, quality, cost savings, safety, and on-time delivery
- Provide technical support remotely and in-person for demonstrations of Bossa Nova’s systems and services
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree or equivalent military training, trade school, and experience minimum. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of networking and connectivity troubleshooting and repair experience, focused on wireless technologies (WiFi and LTE), and VPNs
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds up to 4 feet high
- Demonstrated computer skills including specialized software and advanced operating system skills.
- Familiarity with issue tracking and ticketing systems
- Willingness to travel up to 20%