At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
We are not only are we working to provide automation to our customers; we are also automating our internal processes. We are automating our software development, testing and delivery processes, and have a strong belief in an “ automation first” testing strategy. We are looking for individuals that believe that as well and are not afraid to automate, through code, quality assurance and testing processes..
Position: Automated Testing Technical Lead
Location- Pittsburgh, PA
We are currently looking for an Automated Testing Technical Lead, with a strong background in software development and automated test engineering. The Technical Lead will provide technical guidance and leadership to the testing team in the analysis, design, testing, and deployment of Bossa Nova Robotics products.
- Formulate and implement our automated software testing strategies. Prepare and review of test plans and test results.
- Provide leadership to quality assurance analysts and test engineers who evaluate, test, and validate Bossa Nova Robotics software, hardware and IT infrastructure, and who are focused on automating the testing process.
- Develop and implement front-end and back-end tests aimed at predicting and/or reproducing failure modes seen in the field.
- Work across the organization to design, implement and continually improve our software release process.
- Develop, implement and continually improve problem reporting processes and systems. Look at data from the both internal testing and the field, analyze issues and work with cross-functional development and operations teams to recommend and implement improvements.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong, proven experience with automated test tools, including automated regression testing, unit testing and system testing.
- Proven track record of successfully launching products, with leadership in a Quality Assurance or Testing Engineering role.
- 5+ years of experience with the Linux operating system.
- Software development background with skills in an object oriented language such as C++ or Java or Python.
- Experience with the software development product life-cycle, working in both both waterfall and agile software development methodologies.
- Strong people skills, with the proven ability to work on, and lead, cross-functional teams.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, rapidly changing work environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience with automated test tools and processes.