Bossa Nova is the leading provider of real-time, on-shelf product data for the global retail industry. Our robots navigate the busy retail ecosystem, collecting a wealth of data that allows retailers to improve product availability, streamline operations, and create a better shopping experience. Our multidisciplinary team of robotics, artificial intelligence, and big data scientists has solved the challenges to deploy fully autonomous retail service robots and deliver actionable data in real-time.
Bossa Nova’s robots are currently deployed in 50 stores across the United States, making it the largest deployment of this kind of technology anywhere in the world.
Position: Electrical Test Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
As part of the Bossa Nova Robotics Test Engineering team, the Electrical Test Engineer will work with hardware, software, manufacturing and quality/reliability engineering to help drive electrical test requirements & development, test result analysis & reporting, and supporting production builds.
- Develop detailed electrical test and coverage plans for manufacturing testing.
- Develop diagnostics to help discover and debug defects in manufacturing.
- Supporting production line testing, debugging and failure analysis on-site.
- Review circuit board designs and schematics for testability and manufacturability.
- Analyze product/system requirements to define functional test and validation plans.
- Resolve test yield problems by performing root cause analysis, developing and coordinating corrective action/preventive action measures and monitoring improvements.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design, evaluate, integrate and add test coverage.
- Develop testbeds and fixtures used at the production line for testing.
- Setup and execute tests, and provide insights and analysis via written technical test reports.
- Perform bring-up and verification of test systems to identify hardware design issues.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience with board level design analysis, analog/digital circuitry and debugging.
- 3-5+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or product validation test development.
- Experience working with contract manufacturers or manufacturing environment for prototype and production builds.
- Experience working with electrical lab equipment and tools (e.g. oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers, power supplies and other data acquisition devices).
- Experience with design for testability (DFT) and design for manufacturing (DFM) analysis.
- Experience working with in-circuit testing (ICT), defining requirements and strategies.
- Experience with test automation and developing scalable testbenches.
- Experience with Linux system administration and networking concepts.
- Experience working with single board computers (raspberry Pi) and microcontrollers (Arduino)
- Strong communication, data analysis/reporting, documentation and analytical skills.
- Able to travel occasionally
Nice to Haves:
- Experience or familiarity with ISO9001 and IPC-A-610
- Experience with programming/scripting in python
- Experience/familiarity with program management tools such as JIRA
- Experience with robotics and/or ROS
- Experience working within a software development team, such as conducting code reviews, developing new test strategies and platforms.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as lunches twice a week, schedule flexibility, a stocked fridge and kitchen.
Bossa Nova Robotics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bossa Nova abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.