At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: VP Information Technology
Location: Mountain View, CA
Reporting to the COO, the VP Information Technology is responsible for leading the company’s IT function, ensuring strategy is aligned with the business, and technologies are available to meet business demands. The VP IT provides the technical vision to compliment the business vision, setting the tone and direction for the company’s technologies, while bringing stability and efficiency to the infrastructure, advancing systems, automation and the integration of technology.
- Provides strategy and leadership direction for the IT function, providing IT infrastructure and support to the business, enabling the execution of the business strategy and vision. Ensures alignment of enterprise strategic objectives and IT organizational capabilities, understanding business drivers and analyzing industry, technology and market trends to determine enterprise impacts.
- Leads a cultural and operational transformation from current state to a future state defined by technology capabilities, operational discipline, service orientation, and speed to solution capabilities and flexibility.
- Responsible for all enterprise applications, including but not limited to the Enterprise Resource Management (ERP), Customer Relationship Management System (CRM), financial systems and the selection of a provider for Fleet Management system that includes logistics, asset management, and service management capabilities, JIRA, GitHub, and other service providers that the business chooses to need.
- Responsible for the guidance of deep integration between these systems, requiring the ability to manage resources, both internal and contract, that have to build, through code, such integration.
- Responsible for governance of all workstations, laptops, mobile and BYOD devices on added to the network for against our security and device policies.
- Responsible for managing and securing any non-customer related environments such as the COLO and data stored outside customer clouds.
- Ensures appropriate information security risk management framework and methodologies are in place and maintained including information and physical site security.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with the business and key stakeholders to maximize opportunities for IT to support efficient and effective business operations.
- Forecasts and controls the functional spending within agreed budget.
- Bring innovative and best practice ideas to all areas of IT.
- Works with Legal Services and IT to develop, implement and execute security standards, procedures and policies for all our technologies while ensuring company policies and procedures are followed by each department
- 15+ years of experience in a series of increasingly responsible technology roles. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Technical undergraduate degree with MBA/MS preferred.