At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Job Title - Robotic Systems Service Technician
Location – Pittsburgh, PA
Job Description - As a Robotics Technician with Bossa Nova you will be maintaining and troubleshooting Bossa Nova systems both remotely and in-person. Logical troubleshooting experience will be critical in this role. You will need to have good people and analytical skills in order to quickly communicate both issues and insights with Engineering and Operations teams. You must become familiar with the product, strategy, and the customer's business in order to communicate this effectively. Must be willing to travel on a semi-regular basis.
- Lead organizational projects that create procedures for L1 and monitor department
- Track recurring issues in ROC to pass to RRE
- Work with SAMs and FSTs to rollout updates and procedure changes
- Work with SAMs and FSTs to collect aggregate data of successes, failures and other issues to help inform operation, business, software and hardware engineering departments
- Create/update issue tracking matrix
- Manage the software configuration on Bossa Nova assets deployed to customer locations
- RRE to develop and document reliability improvements
- Troubleshoot problems with Bossa Nova equipment.
- Provide assistance to design, build, installation, and start-up of Bossa Nova systems.
- Provide technical support to other departments within the Operations organization
- Assist in defining and executing measurable processes relating to customer concerns, quality, cost savings, safety, and on-time delivery
- Provide technical support remotely and in-person for demonstrations of Bossa Nova’s systems and services
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree or equivalent military training, trade school, and experience
- 2+ years related experience, or equivalent military training or trade school
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds up to 4 feet high
- Demonstrated computer skills including specialized software and advanced operating system skills.
- Familiarity with issue tracking and ticketing systems
- Ability to learn quickly