At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data using state of the art computer vision and artificial intelligence. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: Senior Accountant
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Sr. Accountant will report to the Corporate Controller and will be responsible for maintaining financial records and will ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded. Also will ensure the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. You will work independently as required, and need to have a proven ability to deliver results in complex, high priority situations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for timely recording of accounts payable invoices and weekly vendor check runs
- Ensure all customer invoices are issued timely and proper recording of deferred revenue for revenue recognition
- Prepare daily updates for all treasury accounts and management of corporate cards
- Review and processing of all corporate expense reports via Expensify
- Oversee the reconciliation of fixed assets, prepaid, accruals, and deferred revenue
- Preparing bi-monthly payroll entries for Controllers review
- Recording all filing of all general journal entries and accounting records
- Review of month intercompany activity ensuring month-end eliminations
- Assist with interim & annual audit and tax return preparation process, including foreign tax filings
- Ensure international compliance with foreign regulatory agencies
- Assist with financial statement preparation process for domestic and international subsidiaries
- Prepare quarterly investor financial packages, distributions as requested
- Interact with and respond to venture partner requests
- Perform special projects as requested
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years Big 4 equivalent experience required
- CPA (preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word & Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Enterprise, Paychex, & Expensify a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional presentation and excellent references required