At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: Embedded Platform Developer
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
As an embedded platform developer at Bossa Nova, you’ll be responsible for defining, architecting, and developing the interface layer between robotics software and a complex robotics hardware platform. You’ll be tasked with creating abstracted models of hardware (sensors, power systems, drive control, cameras & lighting) that will allow a large software stack to be more easily ported to multiple hardware platforms. This is a senior-level position that will require matching and balancing requirements from both software and hardware teams.
- Work with the software and hardware teams to architect an abstracted interface between software and robot hardware.
- Modify/refactor a C++ codebase to implement the final interface design.
- Create software interface wrappers around existing 3rd-party drivers
- Define requirements for new hardware systems and be able to assess viability of different hardware components.
- Provide technical leadership to the embedded software, software, and hardware teams.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- A track record of producing high quality design and code (C/C++).
- Experience with high-speed data platforms
- Experience with hardware platform control
- Solid collaboration skills and a history of working across multiple disciplines/teams.
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
- One or more of the following:
- Experience with system verification/validation for hardware components
- Embedded Linux development, Linux driver development
- Experience with data acquisition from robotics sensors (LIDAR, ToF, etc)
- ROS or other robotic system experience
- Understanding or navigation systems and control algorithms
- Understanding of image capture systems, image processing
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience