At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: Senior Software Engineer in Test
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
The main responsibilities of this position revolve around developing software to monitor, automatically test, and report on the the performance of the Bossa Nova robotics platform during both product development and system operation phases.
The key duties associated with this position are to:
- Develop software to be used in testing, monitoring and improving Bossa Nova software.
- Be an integral part of software development teams to ensure that product requirements are well-defined and testable. The goal is to work throughout the entire software development and deployment process to ensure that the software deployed to the field has automated regression tests and that monitoring and alerting software is developed along-side the core software.
- Develop and execute automation test strategies, with a focus on software automation and system performance monitoring.
- Create and maintain a test results repository that can be part of a future audit process, when stakeholders want to know how a product was tested.
- Provide leadership on the software deployment processes, working the operations teams to transition software from development to deployment to the field.
- Troubleshoot system problems, ranging from the robot up through the cloud, both in the test facility, and products in the field. Identify root causes of problems, and work with other teams to generate and test solutions to problems.
- Work with teams to develop and maintain metrics about software performance both in our test facility and in the field.
- Work to develop and implement continuous improvement projects related to software development, testing and deployment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
At least 3-5 years of experience in:
- Developing software products in Python, Java or other object oriented language
- Linux operating system
- Developing and executing automated tests
- Experience with complex systems that involve hardware control, real-time execution of software, data management, networking and cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field