At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. We’ve been hard at work to solve some of the biggest challenges for the world's largest retailers. Our robots’ mission is to make large-scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We collect terabytes of data that retailers use to increase on-shelf availability and improve the shopping experience.
We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Bossa Nova Robotics (BNR) is in search of a Director of Client Delivery reporting to the Sr. Director, Operations Management Group and is responsible for supporting Walmart’s US and International business for use with BNR solutions. This role will focus on supporting the various sales, service, and delivery teams to build BNR’s global business for expanding the use of robotics, providing deployment and store maintenance support, while interfacing with the customer and various BNR teams daily to ensure success is achieved.
This position will also include building and owning executive level relationships throughout Walmart and BNR, as well as current and future vendors. As a part of relationship management, this leader will work with the various levels within the client organization to grow the BNR brand, as well as its relationships, in support of the client’s mission. This position has great potential for growth in a rapidly growing company and will be highly visible. This is a global role that will require travel, based upon the needs of the business requirements, in support of Walmart Stores Inc.
- Establishing credible, consultative relationships with the various Walmart clients around store applications, solutions, and professional services to drive desired customer business outcomes
- Growing and leading the BNR “Command Center” in Bentonville and integrating this new department with the various business teams and operations subject matter experts through the entire sales and delivery cycles
- Being able to facilitate success in the following areas: Deployment, Break Fix Support, Help Desk services, and all areas that will be needed to achieve the objectives of the business, achieving year-on-year growth
- Developing thought leadership through identification of new business growth opportunities, driving new capabilities and incremental business success
- Interfacing with business, engineering, and service teams to provide input and insight into customer solutions that are not standard product offerings
- Assisting the various BNR teams in the support of customer product demonstrations and preparation of detailed proposals that highlight value-oriented features of our offerings
- Developing leads on, and understanding of, competitive products that will enable BNR to achieve greater usage and support of future solutions
- Communicating regularly with multiple levels of customer contacts (C-suite executives, business teams, and technical advocates)
- Assisting the development and execution of BNR’s Robots-as-a-Service (RaaS) strategies and operational models
- Working collaboratively with business teams on cost and sales forecasting, commercial contract development, and key customer account management
- Helping to create and implement policies and procedures to ensure consistency with customer needs, company goals, industry leading practices, and regulatory requirements
- Helping to establish and drive metrics and KPI's for all key elements to assess the quality of products, track the reliability of assets, and drive process improvements
- Identifying and communicating resource needs and gaps for successful product delivery
- Supporting cross-functional teams to perform root cause analyses and develop and execute process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline
- 10+ years proven delivery experience with retail companies
- 5+ years’ experience in the delivery of specialty, general merchandise, big box, and/or department store retail
- 5+ years managing programs or teams in a mission critical operations environment
- Experience leading large transformational change and/or building new business segments within an existing organization
- Experience in creating, negotiating, and managing 3rd party contracts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, applied in all levels of IT, business, and operations teams so they are able to understand the value of the solutions
- Ability to understand and assimilate complex systems and issues to provide clear direction and detailed updates to stakeholders (internal and external customers)
- Ability to manage and work both independently and collaboratively with others in a remote workforce environment
- Master's degree in a technical discipline or MBA
- Lean-SixSigma process improvement methodologies
- Experience Jira, Confluence, and SalesForce platforms
- Proficiency using G-Suite and Windows-based computer applications is helpful
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as lunches twice a week, schedule flexibility, a stocked fridge and kitchen.
Bossa Nova Robotics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bossa Nova abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.