At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelves inventory data in large scale stores. Navigating smoothly along the aisles, we circulate autonomously among busy customers and employees. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy. Yep, it is possible to move, scan and analyze all at the same time. It is not that simple though and we rely on computer vision, 3D image processing and deep learning techniques to accomplish our mission.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: Engineering Program Manager
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
As an Engineering Program Manager, you will utilize your Program / Project management skills and have significant responsibility for driving robot development schedules and managing project issues that results in resolutions on time. You will support high-level milestone execution in a fast paced technology design/integration team.
- Drive technical issue resolution to enable on-time delivery to meet robot functional specification and aggressive customer schedules
- Build workflow and bug triage process for managing engineering effort, NPI process, validation results, reliability testing, engineering build and field failure return issues. Manage disciplined issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks & status
- Interface and drive system issues within cross-functional teams: Electrical Engineer, MechanicalEngineering, Optical Engineering, Robot SW, Perception SW, Manufacturing Test Engineering,Operations, Document Control, Supply Chain Management and Quality Engineering
- Drive programmatic progress with Contract Manufacturer and key suppliers
- Focus design teams on meeting near term milestones and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right cross-functional technical experts to resolve the issues with databased decision-making
- Manage external development efforts within its scope, milestones, timeline and cost. Attend and drive technical sessions with suppliers/design partners to track & follow up issues/escalations.
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience in electronics product development. 2+ YearsTechnical Program or Project Management, Customer Support exp is a plus
- Experience working in a dynamic engineering environment and real-time crisis management skills. Ability to parse tasks among HW, FW and SW and drive to closure
- Strong desire to own/drive project development while building development metrics.
- Experience in program and bug tracking systems. Jira and Confluence preferred
- Experience in any of the leading the following subsystems: camera development, sensor fusion,PC/network system integration, calibration system development, motor system, enclosure and chassis
- Experience in managing agency compliance testing and submission