At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelves inventory data in large scale stores. Navigating smoothly along the aisles, we circulate autonomously among busy customers and employees. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy. Yep, it is possible to move, scan and analyze all at the same time. It is not that simple though and we rely on computer vision, 3D image processing and deep learning techniques to accomplish our mission.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: Senior Robotic Analysis Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Bossanova is working with large retail chains to provide autonomous inventory scanning robots. We have a large Operation team with L1 operators managing day to day operations and first level debugging. From a hardware engineering side, we are building up L2 engineering staff to help with complex and escalating issues. For L2 engineering, we are looking for robotic engineers who have cross-functional understanding of robotic/mechatronics systems. The individual will first gain in-depth and cross-functional knowledge of Bossanova's robots and then perform system level diagnostics for escalated field issues. Their findings will be used to direct L1 operators as well as initial triage for the various engineering teams. They will continue to work with various disciplines to reach solutions.
- Acquire the abilities to bring up robots with understanding of configuration management tools such Ansible
- Understand all installed robotics systems, infrastructure and remote operation
- Troubleshoot a wide-variety of issues which might occur on robot systems
- Support testing and diagnosis of compatibility issues between PC hardware components and networking devices
- Collaborate with various teams to maintain robot daily field report
- Understand the installation, configuration, testing and maintenance of ubuntu, application software and system management tools
- Monitor and judge robot performance under various network condition, environmental factors, and robot generation specific parameters
- Write and maintain documentation, using appropriate monitoring methods, to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of next generation robot systems based on field data and learning
- Liaise with Operations, Software, Contract Manufacturer, vendors for problem identification and resolution
- Produce high quality documents and written reports, describing test-related topics in a clear and concise style and in full accordance with the organizational processes.
- Support installation maintenance and repair of internal instruments and support service activities during the development process.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering with 5+ years of experience
- Experience in mechanical and PCB designs at or above 100Mhz a plus and/or analytical instruments highly desired
- Knowledgeable in common network infrastructure and setup highly desirable
- Previous Design Control / Design for Six Sigma experience including experimental techniques, statistical analysis & engineering investigation techniques
- Understanding of product requirements, risk analysis, FMEA, and quality systems.
- Excellent technical writing skills and good documentation practices.
- Proficient in Linux working environment and scripting such as BASH and Python. Knowledge of Matlab, or Labview desirable