At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers
We are looking for a Network Operations Manager to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding robot fleet. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Manage and monitor all installed robotics systems and infrastructure remotely.
- Install, configure, test and maintain ubuntu, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application and network performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with engineers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies according to existing standards
- Write and maintain, using appropriate monitoring methods, to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd level support
- Liaise with hardware or software vendors for problem identification and resolution
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid cloud experience, preferably in Azure, especially around IaaS concepts
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (Ansible preferred)
- Solid scripting skills
- Solid networking knowledge (OpenVPN, TCP/IP)