At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: AI Lead Engineer
Location: San Francisco Bay Area or Pittsburgh
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for an AI scientist to work on cutting edge AI technologies to solve highly impactful problems in retail robotics. Ideal candidate will have an advanced degree (M.S. or PhD) and possess strong skills in deep learning and machine learning, with particular application to the field of Computer Vision, complemented with proficiency in scientific programming environment. Successful candidate will be solving highly challenging and very exciting problems in computer vision at the very cutting edge of Artificial Intelligence.
- Develop innovative algorithms for challenging problems in object detection, object recognition, image similarity, semantic segmentation, and scene understanding in order to solve business problems
- Implement and validate the algorithms in a data-driven scientific manner ensuring that the algorithms meet desired product specifications and accuracy goals
- Work with the software team in productization of the final algorithms
- Bring in the latest techniques in computer vision and in artificial intelligence for continual improvements of technology
- 10 years of leadership experience in computer vision
- Mastery of deep learning literature, frameworks and tools
- Experience with object detection and recognition techniques
- Deep expertise in neural networks, convolutional neural networks, random forests, classifiers, feature representations, AI / Artificial Intelligence and/or related techniques.
- Familiarity with one or more neural network frameworks such as Caffe, Tensorlfow, Torch, or CNTK
- Excellent C/C++ and python programming and software design skills, including debugging, performance analysis, and test design.
- MS or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, data science, statistics or related field
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Data Science
- Matlab / R
- Coursework in Linear Algebra
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for algorithm development