At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Location- San Francisco Bay Area
- Direct and oversee the full lifecycle of a product’s manufacturing process, including
design, construction, packaging and quality control
- With contract manufacturing partner, develop manufacturing processes, analyze and
plan work flow, and develop work instructions to optimize production
- Design systems, equipment and processes for the introduction of new products or for
the improvement of existing ones
- Work with Bossa Nova design engineers early in the design cycle to develop
manufacturing process and to ensure that all products are easily manufactured
- Research and purchase new and/or custom equipment and tooling to support factory
- Design and recommend custom packaging for product
- Make recommendations on the manufacturing quality control processes, types of
manufacturing methods to be adopted, list of processes to be followed, and tooling
and fixturing to be utilized
- Work with NPI Program Manager, Supply chain manager, and other Bossa Nova
manufacturing personnel to deliver robots on time.
- Devise and implement cost saving methods on product and process.
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering degree or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in an electromechanical environment.
- Must have direct factory or operational experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up like environment with limited structure
- Comfort and enthusiasm with ambiguity and rapid changes
- Someone who has worn multiple hats in an NPI focused role
- Experience working with contract manufacturing partners